Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Motif Monday (Tuesday): Carnation Motif

Photobucket

Today I've done a motif out of a book I have. All together I own three crochet books and I hardly use any of them, but this one is probably the one I've used the most.

Knitting and Crochet Stitches

It has a lot of different stuff in it; it teaches you basic stitches but has some advanced stuff too. At the end of the book there's a handful of motifs and that's where I found mine.

Carnation

In doing this motif I learned two new stitches! Stitches that I probably should have learned a long time ago; the popcorn stitch and the picot. Both used in the same row and yeah... that was the hardest row for me. If you already know these stitches this motif should be super easy. I can't exactly share it with you 'cause I don't want to get in trouble, but here's a picture of each row as I worked them (please ignore the cat fur):

Row One

Row Two

Row Three

Row Four

Row Five

And there it is! I made a few mistakes, I can tell, but for a couples of firsts, I think it's ok.

Finished

Tomorrow I'll be sharing something fun and fuzzy, I can't wait!

-merely

No comments:

Post a Comment